Monday, June 23, 2008

Procrastinator Extraordinaire

I am a procrastinator extraordinaire! Hence the lack of blog posts in the past month and a half. Oops. Life got in the way. Didn't really feel like it. Wasn't sure what to talk about. Oh and I blame my hubby for the procrastinator'ness. He's the king of procrastination and he knows it. But anyways, I'm here now, thanks to my friend Gregg (he's a blogger too) for kicking my behind and getting my butt onto the couch to do this. Wouldn't one normally want to kick their pal's butt OFF the couch? But it's for a good cause. Ok so I'm rambling....procrastinating again perhaps? haha. Ok what to write about.

I asked my brother and he said write about how you're hanging with your brother. Well, it's true. I'm hanging with my brother. He's visiting from Victoria cause our sister is starting her second bout of chemo tomorrow on his birthday so we thought it would be a good time to all get together in the cancer ward for a celebration. Odd, I know. But, it's in times like these that you want your family to be together, so cancer or no cancer we're going to have a birthday party at the hospital. We might even give him the royal bumps! Now that would put a smile on the patients I'm sure.

Neither my brother nor I have attended one of our sister's chemo appointments as of yet. She had 2 months worth earlier this year so we didn't think we'd ever have to attend once that round was over, but unfortunately the chemo didn't work so the doctors are on to plan B. Kinda scary when you have to go to plan B when fighting cancer. So now, attending the chemo appointment with her seems all that much more important. I have to admit, selfishly, I'm not looking forward to it. But such is life. For her though, I will put a smile on my face and do my best to be strong and there for her. Meanwhile, I'm hanging with my brother and discussing life. A life we hope to share with our sister for many years to come.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was going to comment on you calling me the king of procrastinators....but I just haven't had a chance to get around to it.

Your husband.