Monday, January 19, 2009

True Love! I love this story.

Back when I worked in radio and did a morning show, I had the opportunity to interview the founder of an animal sanctuary in the States about an elephant named Tina who used to live at the Vancouver Game Farm (now the Greater Vancouver Zoo). Tina had been transferred to the Elephant Sanctuary at Hohenwald, Tenn. and we were finding out about how Tina was doing. It was so cool to find out about how they transferred her (in a semi!) and how she was settling in nicely with the other elephants. It was a great place for Tina to go to live out her later elephant years. Sadly, Tina has since died. BUT! There's another great story coming from the Elephant Sanctuary and this time it's about an 8700 pound elephant and a dog who form a wonderful friendship. Check out this video from CBS News called the Animal Odd Couple....it's so nice. It made me cry. I just love this story. Makes me have hope for our world and makes me happy...and isn't that what life (and this blog) is all about?! Enjoy!


No comments: