Saturday, March 15, 2008

Guilty Pleasure

Ok so I have to admit that there's a certain TV Show that is a total guilty pleasure of mine. It's a little embarassing to admit that I love this show so much but I just do and can't help myself. It must be the romantic in me or the purist....believing that true love really does exist. That, or, I just like the idea of being treated like a princess hoping every girl can find her prince. Have you figured it out yet? Ok I'll give.....The Bachelor. I'm a sucker for watching The Bachelor. I totally know that reality tv is not the best place to find your true love and it's really all so silly watching all these girls swoon over a guy they don't even really know. Really it must be the competition, it's about winning more than anything. Winning the guy, winning the ring, winning happiness, winning in that world of trying to find your soulmate. If you get him, you must have won. Not. Or, in reality, has the girl won the guy only to find out a few weeks or months later that really they're not that compatible and in real life they don't actually want to be married, or engaged, or even dating. At least the odds are that's how it'll turn out. So really, why do I like this silly show? Gosh, I don't know, but I'll be watching every Monday night when Chris Harrison repeatedly says "It's the most romantic rose ceremony ever." And here's something to laugh at, I even watched an episode while on my honeymoon - it was good entertainment. Thank goodness my husband loves me regardless of my tv watching taste.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love it too. Can't help myself!!
Christie