Sunday, March 16, 2008

Sunday Night Therapy

Why is it that every Sunday night I end up sitting on the couch crying? Gosh, that sounds pathetic. But it's actually happy tears, honest. For as long as I can remember, on Sunday nights I watch Extreme Home Makeover and before the show ends, I have tears streaming down my face. No joke, streaming. It's such a great and happy and inspiring show. I'd love to work on this show helping people every single week. It's amazing. I've always said how in my work I want to be able to make a difference, help people in life. It might only be in a small way but I want to somehow make a small difference in the world. I happen to work in TV so that's a good start, but I am in no way an interior designer or construction worker or landscape architect. Sadly, I don't think this show is a good fit for me.

And now I've just discovered another Sunday Night Therapeutic show where I shed even more tears. Again, happy tears. Oprah's Big Give. Wow. How cool is that - essentially paying it forward just because. Just because. It's kind of like The Apprentice, but being a great person is the ultimate goal, not a great job, more of a vocation. I'm proud of Oprah that she's using her wealth to pay it forward inspiring people to be better human beings and making a difference in the world. Now how am I going to do that? Hmmm....thoughts??

No comments: