Saturday, March 8, 2008

How to lose $2000 FAST!

Ok, let's see how I can put a positive spin on this one. We all work hard for our money so rarely does one want to lose their money. But if you're in need of a way to lose $2000 fast, just do what I did, or didn't do.

This upcoming week is my hubby's spring break and like most students he wanted to get away. As his Sugar Momma, I work hard to pay our bills so I deserved a getaway too. Last weekend we booked an all-inclusive trip to Mexico. We were supposed to fly out today. Supposed to.

About 5 minutes after we booked the trip online I started to not feel so well. By the next morning I was not well at all and decided to stay home from work to get better. Well, missing Monday turned into Tuesday, to Wednesday, a doctor's visit on Thursday and doctor's orders to stay home on Friday as well. I got the flu! A virus, so no medication would cure me...I just had to rest lots and drink lots of fluids. But man, the flu for a week!

I was barely able to pack last night and was exhasuted when i finally got it done and then when I got up early this morning to head to the airport I certainly did not feel any better. As we got closer to the airport I realized, there's no way I can get on a plane, and, the last place I want to be sick is in Mexico. What if I got worse? So, we were a no show, and a no go to Mexico!

But no worries, we have a legit reason to cancel: sickness and death are the two allowable reasons to cancel and get a refund.....ah yes, that is IF you chose to purchase cancellation insurance. So not only do we miss out on a week in Mexico, we also don't get our money back. $2000 down the toilet and fast! And I still don't feel well, no duh!

Talk about a lesson learned!!

1 comment:

Gregg Anderson said...

Very sorry to hear about the trip!!

On the other hand I'm loving your Blog!