Wednesday, March 19, 2008

What's the deal with Donny and Marie?

Why am I seeing these two everywhere these days?! Haven't they had their 15 minutes? Ok, so Marie was on Dancing with the Stars and she fainted, but so were a lot of B or C or D or Z level celebs(minus the fainting, of course!). Why has the world chosen these two for renewed superstardom? Very strange. I get that they were famous....25 years ago! Now they are everywhere. They are in movies, Marie is getting her own talk show, they are hosting Miss USA together and I just don't understand it. It's not like they just released a new album or anything. Aren't there any other new up and comers that deserve to start their 15 minutes of fame?
I have to go, there's another story about Valerie Bertinelli on Entertainment Tonight that I don't want to miss. Just kidding. But seriously, what has SHE done since "One Day at a Time?"

Who wouldn't want to see Donny and Marie sing the music of "Deep Purple"?!

2 comments:

BetteringMe said...

Well Donny WAS in Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat for a million performances :) He also played Gaston in Disney's Beauty & the Beast on Broadway :)

Sylvia said...

I have to agree with you, they are everywhere. Ever since I watched The Osmonds 50th Anniversary Reunion Concert I have been looking for their music and videos. I wasn't a huge fan, I like them, but there are some sites out there that are over the top.